With the 2010 NFL and fantasy football season quickly approaching, below is a compilation of the top-five positional rankings, along with a few sleeper picks to consider when drafting in the mid-to-late rounds:
- Drew Brees. Brees has all the weapons in the world, including a genius head coach and a very good offensive line.
- Peyton Manning. Over the next few years, Manning will become known as the "ageless one". As long as he can be protected, he will always be a safe top-three pick. He may one day be known as the best all time professional football player.
- Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers has quietly climbed up the quarterback rankings over the last few years. Don’t be surprised if Rodgers is the highest rated quarterback at the end of the season.
- Tom Brady. Brady needs Welker to be great.
- Tony Romo: Team injuries are hurting his stock early.
Sleeper Pick: Kevin Klob. With a pass-friendly offense and plenty of weapons, Klob could crack the top-five this season.
Thanks to Ian Ransley from Flickr.com for this great picture of Drew Brees, Media Day.
- Chris Johnson. You can’t go wrong with 2,000 yards. The contract holdout should not be an issue unless it progresses into the third preseason game.
- Adrian Peterson. The Vikings coaching staff claims he will be used more in the passing game and the redzone. If so, look out.
- Ray Rice. Lets see what he can do with a legitimate WR threat.
- Maurice Jones-Drew. Always solid, but always an injury risk as well.
- Michael Turner. An improving Falcon passing game should lead to more big plays in the running game.
Ryan Mathews. Norv Turner will always use his RBs to death. Expect 350 touches this year out of the rookie.
Shonn Greene. The Jets will win with a solid running attack and a great defense. No need to pass the ball in the redzone when Greene can run it in.
Adrian Peterson. Thanks to wikipedia.org for this photo.
- Andre Johnson. He has his contract, to go along with size, speed, hands…etc.
- Reggie Wayne. With Manning in the huddle, he will always get his.
- Larry Fitzgerald. Even with a quarterback change, he will be the best player on the field.
- Calvin Johnson. Improving quarterback play will lead to numbers.
- Randy Moss. He is beginning to fall off a bit.
Sleeper: Michael Crabtree. Look for Crabtree to have 70+ catches and 10 touchdowns this season.
Andre Johnson at Reliant Stadium. Houston, Tx.
Thanks to AJ Guel from flickr.com for this picture.
- Antonio Gates. Healthy and back on top.
- Vernon Davis. Other weapons on the team will lead to more touchdowns.
- Jason Witten. One day the Cowboys will figure out to use him in the redzone more.
- Dallas Clark. The ball will be spread around this season.
- Tony Gonzalez. Still one of the best.
Sleeper: Zack Miller. Not really a sleeper here, but with a legitimate quarterback in Oakland Miller could have 6-10 touchdowns this season.
- Stephen Gostkowski
- Garrett Hartley
- Nate Kaeding
- Mason Crosby
- Rob Bironas
- New York Jets
- Green Bay
For more fantasy football Fantasy Knuckleheads.
For more insight into what will happen in the NFL this season, check out this 2010 NFL Rankings Preview. Here are nice articles for those of you who have college football fantasy football teams: 2010 College Fantasy Football Picks and 2010 SEC Fantasy Football Picks.
You might need to make a last-minute line-up change on your fantasy football team -- based on the weather at any given game. NFLWeather.com is the only place to receive every weather forecast, updated twice an hour, for every NFL football game. So, check it out.
What do you think?
We'd love to hear your comments and/or opinions. If you submit them here, other visitors can read them, rate them and comment on them. An e-mail address is not required.
2010 NFL Power Rankings Preview | Best Football Player of All Time | Best All Time Professional Football Player | Best All Time Professional Football Team | Best All Time Defensive Professional Football Team | Best All Time Professional Football Coach | Best All Time Professional Football Fans | Best All Time Professional Football Franchise | Top All Time Professional Football Franchise | Best All Time Professional Football Linebacker | Best All Time Professional Football Rivalry | Best All Time Professional Football Quarterback | Best All Time Professional Football Runningback | Best All Time Professional Football Linebacker Unit | Best All Time Professional Football Stadium | Best All Time NFL Football Division | Best NFC West NFL Fans | Best All Time Professional Football Defensive Player | Best All Time Dallas Cowboys Linebacker | Best All Time Super Bowl | Best All Time Pro Football Quarterback Never Win Super Bowl | Best All-Time Professional Football Wide Reciever |
From Best All Time Professional Football Linebacker Unit to History of Professional Football | Best All Time Sports Blog | MLB History | History of NBA | History of Hockey | NCAA Football History | NCAA Basketball History | NCAA Baseball History | Small College Football History | History of College Sports | Olympic Sports History | History of All Sports | Best Moments in Sports History | Worst All Time Sports Moment | Current Best All Time Sports News | Best Sports Forum | Best Sports Blogs | NFL Football Apparel and Merchandise | MLB Baseball Apparel and Merchandise | NBA Basketball Apparel and Merchandise | NHL Hockey Apparel and Merchandise | College Fan Apparel and Merchandise | Small College Sports Apparel and Merchandise | Other Sports Fan Apparel and Merchandise | Best Sports Gifts | Fathead | Sports Tickets |